Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Clay for a cause Interview

1-Tell us a little about you and your work. Why did you choose the charities you have chosen for your work?
I started my store in honor of my daughter, Cortney. Both her and myself loved to create with polymer clay so I figured it would be a wonderful way to honor her and use a medium that I love. PCAGOE (Polymer Clay Artist Guild on ETSY) was more than willing to help me with donating some wonderful art to the store.

2. How do you donate to them?
About every 4 month...PCAGOE votes on a charity that involves art and/or children. Then ALL of the money made from sells will go to that charity.

3. How much have you donated to them so far?
FIRST DONATION - $108.90 to the Easter Seals Camp (Colorado)..This was Cortney's summer camp and her whole world!
SECOND DONATION - $198.00 to Canines for Disabled Kids!
THIRD DONATION is coming up this month and will go to.....
"ART HEALS!"
Free Arts for Abused Children has been delivering on our philosophy that "ART HEALS!" for more than 30 years!

4. How do you feel that your art influences the people that receive it?
Because I have so many talented artist donating their clay creation to my store, I have a very wide variety of things to choose from. Everyone that buys can pick exactly what they want and know that ALL of their money is going to a great children's charity.

5. Do you have any artwork that represents the charity you donate to?
Both Cortney and myself worked with polymer clay (Cortney was the one who created the world of Elemental Dragons - for which I still continue to this day). I think she would be happy that other's who enjoy clay is what is being donated. Cortney was also a very giving soul herself...she would grow her hair out just to donate to Locks of Love....she loved giving to others. The charities that we donate to are ones that will help other children in the same situations as she was.

6. How can we learn more about you and the charity you help out?
6 - PLEASE go to http://www.PolymerClayforaCause.etsy.com to see the wonderful art work I have in the store and learn more about Cortney. My blog also as a little about it at http://www.ElementalForrest.blogspot.com To learn more about some of the artists that donate to this wonderful cause PLEASE go to http://www.PCAGOE.com

7. How do you think we could improve or beginning charity "art=food?" (www.arte4phood.blogspot.com)
I think just getting the word out and telling ANYONE and EVERYONE about it.....I will surely do what I can :)

Heck, all I knew about clay was that you could make your art last after putting it in the oven. I never knew you could make such distinct and creative jewelry & characters with them. Cortney sure was blessed to have such a loving mother and is such an inspiration for this shop and the charity it continues to support. I can't imagine the strength it must take to keep on giving. I was honored to be able to feature Polymer Clay For A Cause, the heart-breaking and heartwarming story behind this shop shows the ultimate passion and hope that is hard to find (and muster), that so many people need. Thanks Polymer Clay For A Cause and please visit their cute shop sometime soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment